Transgender Transition Coach for youth and adults in transition who desire to learn and acquire gender-centric verbal and nonverbal behaviors associated with their affirmed gender.
- Pitch adjustment
- 20+ years experience
- Image management
- Gender-centric verbal content and delivery
- Graduate level communication studies
- Respect/maintain client confidentiality
- Nonverbal behavior specialist
- Voiceover artist
- Welcoming vendor network
- Transgender Transition Coach – 2001 to current.
- Air Talent/News Reporter/voiceover artist/public speaker – 25 years of on-air experience.
- Award-winning copywriter, producer for advertising and marketing.
- Spokesperson for government agencies and universities.
- Media trainer for private and government clients: media interviews, crisis communication.
- Continuing education via valid and peer-reviewed journals for FtM and MtF research.
|Master of Arts, N.C. State University
–Major: Public Relations
|Bachelor of Arts, N. C. State University
- “Transition Your Online Identity,” Duke Medical, Child and Adolescent Gender Care (handout), Sep. 2016.
- “Crossing Borders with Vocal Work,” The Borders I Cross (series), Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America, Sep. 2015.
- “Gender Talking,” The Triangle magazine, July 2011.
- “The Relationship Between Superiors’ Self Disclosure, Offers of Help, Offers of Cooperation, Frequency of Contact, Trust and Subordinates’ Job Satisfaction,” North Carolina Libraries, 56, 4, 1999.
|Triangle Transgender Coach
2001 – Current
|Chrystal Bartlett & Company
Owner, voiceover artist
1989 – Current</div<
|N.C. Cooperative Extension
Feb. 2007 – August 2008
|N.C. Department of Environment & Natural Resources
Public Information Officer/Outreach Coordinator
Apr. 2000 – Feb. 2007
|N.C. Department of Agriculture
Market News Reporter
June 1994 – Apr. 2000
|The Finch Agency
Oct. 1991 – Nov. 1993
|Venters & Associates Advertising and its subsidiaries
Copywriter, Producer, Operations Manager and Voice Talent
Dec. 1989 – Oct. 1991
|Traffic Patrol Broadcasting
Reporter, Assistant Producer, and Voice Talent
April 1989 – Dec. 1989
|Sperry & Associates Advertising
Copywriter and Producer
Feb. 1988 – Dec. 1988
Sep. 1985 – Feb. 1988
- Wade Edwards Learning lab, tutor, 2013 to current;
- Urban Ministries of Wake County, communications consultant, 2014;
- Senior Center news reader, Edenton Street United Methodist Center for Aging, 2015;
- Pullen-Wiley Afterschool Tutoring Program, tutor, 2011-2013
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (1998 to current);
- N.C. Association of Government Information Officers, 2000 to current;
- Farm Writers and Broadcasters, 2007- 2008;
- State Emergency Response Team, 2000-2007;
- Wake County Library Commission, 1994-1995; Vice-Chair, ’95-01;
- Market News Association, 1995-1999;
- International Association of Business Communicators, 1995- 1997;
- Triangle Advertising Federation, 1985-1990.
- Raleigh Public Record: Honorable Mention, News Photography 2011
- N.C. Association of Government Information Officers: Opinion Writing, 2006; First Place, Regular Publications (Newsletter) Quality Award (Communicators’ Awards), 2003
- N.C. Department of Natural Resources: Hot Seat Award, March/April 2004
- Certificate of Excellence, Division of Waste Management, 2004
- International Television Visual Artists: Merit Award – Narration, 2000; Silver Reel – Narrator, 1996
- National Agrimarketing Association: Best of Show, Collateral, 1997
- N.C. ARC: Communicators Award, 1991; Volunteer of the Year, Wake County, 1991